Ghobrial Lab Research
Our current research focuses around multiple aspects of cell metastasis or cell dissemination in hematological malignancies and their interactions with the bone marrow niches including:
- Mechanisms of early cell dissemination and clonal heterogeneity.
- The role of circulating tumor cells and circulating exosomes in cell dissemination.
- Preparation of the metastatic niche for tumor colonization.
- Factors that regulate progression of micro-metastasis in patients with MGUS to overt MM.
- miRNA regulators of tumor dissemination and stromal/myeloma interaction for cell dissemination.
- Mechanisms of cell dissemination in extramedullary MM.
- The role of the bone marrow niche in regulating drug resistance in MM.